Types of Black Tea
According to experts, any tea can be prepared as black tea. The only difference is in the way of preparing it. Explain that in China, a plant named Camellia sinensis is used to prepare all types of black tea, at the same time, in India, a plant called Camellia assamica is used to make types of black tea. In such a situation, depending on the climate and region, many types of it are seen. At the same time, there are some special types of it based on the mixture of black tea with some other ingredients, which are explained below.
1. Types of black tea according to production area:
- Lapsang Souchong
- Fujian Minhong
- Anhui Keemun
- Yunnan Dianhong
- Darjeeling Black Tea
- Assam Black Tea
- Ceylon Black Tea
- Nilgiri Black Tea
- Kenyan Black Tea
2. Types of Black Tea Based on Blending with other ingredients
- Earl Gray Black Tea
- English Breakfast
- Irish Breakfast
- Chai Tea
- Afternoon Tea
- Rose Black Tea
- Russian Caravan
In the next part of the article after the types, we are telling the benefits of drinking black tea.
Benefits of drinking black tea
The benefits of drinking black tea are many, including the development of the ability to learn and remember, as well as mental alertness. Also, it can show a positive effect on many health-related problems such as headache, blood pressure, heart attack, osteoporosis (weakening of bones), and Parkinson’s disease (a condition of tremors in the body). We will tell about them in detail in the article. Also, let us make it clear here that there is not much scientific research available on the benefits of black tea mentioned in this article.
In the next part of the article, now we are going to tell you the benefits of black tea for health.
Health Benefits of Black Tea
1. Beneficial for Heart Health
The benefits of black tea include keeping the heart healthy. NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) has published research by the Boston University of Medicine in this regard on its website. In this research, it is believed that the consumption of black tea can help in keeping cardiovascular risks away to a great extent. At the same time, another research also mentions that the antioxidant properties present in black tea can prove to be helpful in coronary heart disease. On this basis, it can be said that regular consumption of black tea can help in maintaining heart health. Provided, along with this, a balanced routine and food habits should also be taken care of. On the other hand, if someone has heart disease, he must take medicine on the doctor’s advice. Along with this, one must ask the doctor how many cups of black tea should be consumed daily in this condition.
2. Helpful in controlling diabetes
Apart from keeping away the risks of diabetes problem, black tea can also help in protecting from blood sugar. Actually, according to experts, polyphenols called theaflavins are found in black tea, which has antidiabetic effects. It can help reduce blood sugar by increasing the activation of insulin. Based on this fact, it can be assumed that the consumption of black tea can be helpful to avoid the problem of diabetes. Yes, if someone is suffering from diabetes, then he should not stop taking the medicine given by the doctor.
3. Increase immunity
Black tea can also be used to improve the body’s immunity. According to research published on the NCBI website, black tea has immunity-boosting properties. Due to this property, black tea can show positive results in maintaining good health. At the same time, it is also mentioned in the research that the effect of black tea depends on the status of its immunity in each person. On this basis, it can be assumed that black tea can work to improve the body’s immunity, but it is not possible to say with certainty that it will have the same effect on every person.
4. Maintains Bone Strength
According to experts, consuming black tea can help in reducing the weakness of bones that occurs with age. At the same time, in another research, there is mention of avoiding the problem of osteoporosis (weakening of bones) by using only tea instead of black tea. Ultimately, more scientific research is needed on how black tea helps maintain strong bones.
5. Helpful for the digestive system
Consumption of black tea can also prove beneficial for keeping the digestive system healthy. The reason is that a special element called catechin is found in black tea At the same time, a research paper published by NCBI also confirms that catechins can help reduce some of the stomach problems caused by inflammatory bowel disease. In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that the use of black tea can help in maintaining the digestive system better.
6. Lower cholesterol
According to research conducted by a research center in America, black tea can help in maintaining normal cholesterol levels. Research has found that if black tea is consumed with a balanced and low-fat diet, positive results can be seen in balancing cholesterol. On this basis, it can be believed that black tea can be used as a suitable alternative to balance the increased cholesterol.
7. Helpful in weight control
Research conducted on black tea by a research institute in China found that the polyphenols present in it can exhibit antiobesity (fat-reducing) effects without any side effects. Along with this, it can also help remove the risks arising due to obesity. For this reason, it can be assumed that the use of black tea can help control weight.
8. Provides relief for asthma
According to experts, the use of black tea can prove to be helpful to some extent in the problem of asthma. The reason is that a special chemical called theophylline is found in black tea, which is used in the treatment of asthma. However, due to its high amount, some side effects can also be seen, but due to the minimal amount of theophylline in tea, it can be considered safe. In such a situation, it can be said that if tea is consumed in moderation, some symptoms of asthma can be relieved.
9. Get rid of stress
Even in the event of stress, the use of black tea can prove to be beneficial. A research conducted by the University of London in this regard found that consuming tea can be of some help in reducing stress.
10. Beneficial for oral health
Microbes like Streptococcus mutans have a bad effect on oral health. At the same time, according to experts, black tea has antimicrobial effects, which can help reduce these micro-organisms. For this reason, it can be assumed that the use of black tea can help in maintaining oral health.
11. Get relief from diarrhea
As mentioned above in the article, the use of black tea can prove to help relieve stomach-related problems caused by inflammatory bowel disease. At the same time, in another research related to this, it is mentioned that if black tea tablet is used along with medicines, then the problem of diarrhea can be reduced somewhat. At present, more research needs to be done on black tea in this regard.
12. Control blood pressure
The use of black tea can also prove beneficial in controlling increased blood pressure. A research published on the NCBI website mentions that two to three cups of black tea per day can help in reducing blood pressure. Although its effect was very small, but given the importance of heart health, it can be seen from a positive point of view. On this basis, it can be said that the use of black tea can prove to be beneficial to some extent for people suffering from the problem of blood pressure.
In the next part of the article, we will now tell the benefits of black tea for the skin.
Benefits of black tea for skin
1. Protect from skin infection
A special element called catechin is found in black tea. Due to the presence of this element, black tea has antibacterial (destroying bacteria) and antifungal (fighting against fungus) properties. Since bacteria and fungi are among the main causes of skin infections, it can be assumed that the positive effects of black tea can be seen in problems related to skin infections.
- freshly used tea bags
How to use :
- Place the used T-bag on the infected area for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Regular use of this process can show an effective effect on the infection.
2. Keep skin young
According to experts, black tea can play an important role in reducing the symptoms of premature aging. Black tea contains a good amount of polyphenols, which exhibit antioxidant effects. Due to this effect, black tea proves helpful in controlling the amount of collagen, which helps in keeping the skin young, by reducing the effect of free radicals. Along with this, it can also help in keeping away the wrinkles that come due to the lifelessness and looseness of the skin. In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that the use of black tea can prove to help reduce the effects of aging.
- black tea ice cubes
How to use :
- Keep black tea in the freezer for some time and apply the ice cube prepared on the face till it melts.
- With regular use of this process, the skin’s moisture will remain. Also, the skin looks healthy and shiny.
3. Avoid the effects of ultraviolet rays
It has been mentioned above in the article that a special element called catechin is found in black tea. This element also has antioxidant properties along with other effects. This property, it can help reduce the effects of ultraviolet rays by protecting the skin from the effects of free radicals. On this basis, it can be assumed that the use of black tea can also help protect against the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- a tea bag of black tea
- a cup of hot water
- 1 teaspoon honey to taste (optional)
How to use :
- First of all, take a cup of hot water.
- Now put a tea bag in this water and leave it like this for about 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, add a teaspoon of honey to taste.
- Now sip slowly and drink the tea.
4. Remove stains
According to experts, gallic acid is also available in black tea along with other elements. It exhibits tyrosinase-inhibitory effects on the skin. Copper-containing enzymes are called tyrosinase, which increases the effect of melanin and causes spots. In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that black tea can prove to help get rid of spots on the skin.
- two teaspoons of black tea
- ½ cup water
- a piece of cotton
How to use :
- Put one cup of water and two spoons of black tea in a tea pan and put it on the gas.
- Now keep it on the gas till it boils.
- When the tea boils well and the color of the water turns dark black, take off the pan.
- Now separate the tea into a cups and keep it cool.
- When the tea cools down, apply it on the face with the help of a piece of cotton and leave it like this for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your face when the time is up.
After skin, now we will know the benefits of black tea about hair.
Hair Benefits of Black Tea
1. Remove the problem of hair fall
If someone has a hair fall problem, then drinking black tea can be of some benefit in this condition. At present, there is no solid scientific evidence in this regard, based on which it can be said that black tea can do some work on the problem of hair fall. However, black tea can be applied to the hair as a trial. We are giving below the recipe for applying black tea to hair:
- 4 to 5 tea bags
- a bowl of water
How to use :
- Take water in a bowl and put four or five tea bags in it and put it on the gas till it boils.
- After boiling well, separate the water in another vessel and keep it cool.
- After cooling down, wash the hair thoroughly while massaging the head with this mixture.
- Finally, wrap the hair with a towel and leave it like this for about an hour.
- Shampoo your hair after the time is up.
2. Aids in hair growth
Research done about hair growth found that polyphenols present in black tea can help in reducing the problem of alopecia is hair loss. In addition, it can also help promote hair growth. On this basis, it can be assumed that applying bud tea extract to the hair can help in hair growth.
- a spoonful of black tea
- 4-5 basil leaves
- a cup of water
How to use :
- Boil about four to five basil leaves in a cup of water and boil it well.
- After the tea is ready, keep it cool down.
- When the tea cools down, massage with this tea for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally shampoo the hair.
In the next part of the article, we will now give information about the nutritional elements of black tea.
Also read:- Indigestion Causes, Symptoms and Home Remedies
Nutritional elements of black tea
Information related to the nutrients of black tea can be obtained through the chart below.
|NUTRIENTS||QUANTITY PER 100 GRAMS|
|Folate (DFE)||5 µg|
|Fatty Acids (Saturated)||0.002 g|
|fatty acids (monounsaturated)||0.001 g|
|fatty acids (polyunsaturated)||0.004 g|
How to use black tea
Like other teas, about two to three cups of black tea can be consumed a day for better health. You just have to keep in mind that along with milk, do not use sugar in it. Yes, you can add honey for taste if you want. Of course, drinking three to four cups of black tea has been confirmed in scientific research, yet a dietician must be asked once regarding its quantity.
In the end, let us also take a look at the disadvantages of drinking black tea.
Also read :- Benefits of Lemon Ginger Tea
Disadvantages of drinking black tea
Excess of anything causes harm. Similarly, due to the presence of caffeine, the disadvantages of drinking black tea can be seen.
- Some amount of caffeine is found in black tea. For this reason, due to excessive intake, there can be a problem of insomnia in both adults and children.
- The caffeine present in black tea acts as a diuretic for the kidneys. For this reason, its excessive intake can cause frequent urination by increasing the amount of potassium and sodium in the urine.
- Excessive consumption, can damage the enamel, the outer layer of the teeth. There is a protective layer on top of the teeth, which is called enamel. When this layer is destroyed, the sensitivity of the teeth increases, and the teeth become weak.
- For patients with anxiety or tension, excessive amounts of caffeine can be harmful. Of course, the amount of caffeine in black tea is less, but it is there. Therefore, avoid consuming black tea in excess.
- At the same time, avoid excessive consumption of black tea for diabetes. Above we have already given information that it can reduce the blood sugar level, in such a situation, excessive consumption can increase the risk of low sugar. Avoid excessive consumption of black tea due to the presence of special substances called tannins. Tannins can reduce the absorption of nutrients such as iron and calcium. So especially, tea should not be taken with food.
If till now you have been drinking black tea only for taste, then after reading this article you must have come to know very well about the benefits of black tea. So, the next time you drink black tea, don’t forget about its health benefits. Also, keep in mind that this is not a cure for any disease. In serious conditions, the right decision is to get treatment from a doctor. Yes, you should not fall sick, this tea can help you in that work. Also, consume it in a balanced quantity, because there are disadvantages of drinking black tea in excess.