Obesity is such a problem, due to which many diseases surround the body. This is the reason that people keep on taking various measures to remove obesity. It is believed that some home remedies can also be beneficial in reducing obesity. One of them is the use of fenugreek seeds. Many people do not use fenugreek seeds due to a lack of information. Here we will highlight the benefits of fenugreek for weight loss as well as its various uses. Along with this, it is also important to understand that along with this home remedy of fenugreek, attention should also be paid to regular exercise and a balanced diet.
Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds for Weight
Due to the many important properties found in fenugreek, it is used as a medicine. Due to these properties, it can help in reducing weight fast. Know here how fenugreek benefits can be for weight loss.
1. Good Source of Fiber
Many types of nutrients are found in meth, one of them is fiber. About 24.6 grams of fiber is found in 100 grams of fenugreek seeds. In this regard, fenugreek seeds were used on rats. Later this research was published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information). According to this research, dietary fiber is found in fenugreek seeds, which can help control fat. Thus it can be indirectly helpful in controlling weight.
2. Decrease Hunger
Fenugreek seeds can also help reduce appetite. A study on overweight Korean women showed that drinking fenugreek tea before lunch reduced their desire to eat. This research is published on the website of NCBI. On this basis, it can be said that tea made from fenugreek can be beneficial in reducing weight. In another Malaysian study, obese individuals were asked to consume 5.5 grams of fenugreek seed powder with rice or bread. During the research, these people were found to have a lack of appetite. Therefore, it can be said that the inclusion of fenugreek in the daily diet can help in controlling weight.
3. Improve digestion
Consuming fenugreek seeds can help in improving digestion power. To test this, scientists tested fenugreek seeds on animals. Then this research was published on the website of NCBI. According to this research paper, rats were given a certain type of diet for 8 weeks, which also included fenugreek (2%). Consumption of fenugreek increases the activity of pancreatic lipase present in the stomach. This helps the digestive system to function well. In addition, a good amount of fiber is also found in fenugreek seeds. The research found that fiber can be beneficial in improving it by eliminating many digestive problems.
4. Improves Metabolism Fenugreek
Metabolism can be beneficial to our health in many ways. Obesity has a negative effect. Fenugreek can be beneficial for improving the level of metabolism. To prove this fact, research was done on fenugreek seeds. According to this research, fiber and polyphenols are found in fenugreek seeds. Both these elements can be beneficial in curing metabolic disorders to some extent. In addition, these elements found in fenugreek can also be beneficial in reducing body fat.
After knowing the benefits of fenugreek for weight loss, here we are telling about its use.
How to use fenugreek to reduce obesity?
Fenugreek can be used in many ways for weight loss. Here we are telling some easy ways to do this.
1. Fenugreek seeds soaked in water
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek seeds
- 2 glasses of water
How to use:
- Soak a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in two glasses of water and leave it overnight.
- Strain it in the morning and chew the soaked seeds on an empty stomach.
- Alternatively, 250-500 ml of fenugreek water can also be consumed.
2. Fenugreek Tea
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup water
- cinnamon or ginger (to taste)
How to use:
- Make a fine paste by adding fenugreek seeds and water as required in a mixer.
- Now boil about one cup of water in a pan.
- Add fenugreek paste to boiling water.
- Cinnamon or ginger can be added for taste.
- Now cover the pan and reduce the flame for some time.
- Let the tea boil for one to two minutes.
- Fenugreek tea is ready.
3. Sprouted Fenugreek Seeds
- a spoonful of fenugreek seeds
- water as needed
How to use:
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water.
- When they get soaked well, then cover them in a soft cloth and keep them for a day or two.
- Keep sprinkling water on the cloth occasionally, so that the cloth does not dry out.
- Check them after a day or two to see if they sprout.
- After sprouting, leave it for a few days.
- Consume them as soon as they sprout well.
4. Fenugreek and Honey Drink
- a spoonful of fenugreek seeds
- organic honey
How to use:
- Prepare the powder of fenugreek seeds in a mixer. Its paste can also be made by adding a little water.
- Now boil one to two cups of water in a pan and add fenugreek paste or powder to it.
- Now let the water in the pan cool down for some time.
- After the water cools down, filter it in a cup and take it out.
- Then add honey and lemon juice to it.
- For best results, it can be consumed every morning on an empty stomach.
Best Time to Take Fenugreek Seeds for Weight Loss
For weight loss, fenugreek can be consumed at any time, but it is believed that it is more beneficial to consume it on an empty stomach in the morning. Doing this can help in reducing weight quickly. Here let us make it clear that no scientific evidence exists regarding this fact. In fact, out of all the research done on fenugreek and obesity, some research has asked to consume fenugreek on an empty stomach and some after eating food. On this basis, fenugreek can be included in the diet at any time to reduce weight.
In this article, you learned how the properties found in fenugreek can be helpful in reducing weight. Also, you read above about how to use it to lose weight. Before using fenugreek, it is important to know one thing that only fenugreek cannot reduce weight. Along with its consumption, it is also necessary to follow physical exercise and regular routine. Also, if someone has any other physical problem other than obesity, then definitely consult a doctor before consuming fenugreek seeds.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much fenugreek seeds should be consumed to lose weight?
Although it is difficult to say clearly about this, according to research, up to 5.5 grams of powder made from fenugreek seeds can be consumed for weight loss. However, the amount may vary according to one’s health, weight, and physical condition. Therefore, if you want to include fenugreek in the diet, you should first consult a dietician.
Can I drink fenugreek water every day?
Yes, fenugreek water can be consumed daily, but in limited quantities and only after consulting a doctor.
- Why is celery beneficial in weight loss?
- 24 Benefits, Uses, and Disadvantages of Ashwagandha
- Benefits of Strawberries
- 12 Surprising Benefits of Lady Finger