Watermelon cultivating in sandy land is found green from the outside and red from the inside. Some people also know it by the name of Mattira and Hadwana. Eating watermelon not only tastes delicious as well as its juice is also very healthy. Sugar is found naturally in it. It is a fruit that comes in summer, which not only fulfils the shortage of water and also a source of energy for our body. Apart from this, it contains about 96% water which helps to calm thirst. Eating melon keeps the body cool and affects especially in the stomach. Many diseases are cured by eating watermelon. But there are also negative effects of watermelon which is must know before eating it.
Some important nutritional elements found in watermelon
Table of contents
- 1 Nutrition in watermelon :
- 2 Watermelon juice nutrition
- 3 Nutrition Values of Watermelon Juice
- 4 Benefits of watermelon
- 5 Top benefits of watermelon
- 6 Is watermelon seeds good for hypothyroidism?
- 7 Negative effects of watermelon
- 8 Top side effects of watermelon
Nutrition in watermelon :
Vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, and in addition to iron, potassium, magnesium protein, carbohydrates, fibre, calcium, and phosphorus are also found in abundance. All these nutritional elements are beneficial and beneficial for our health, which helps us in fighting diseases.
|Amount||Per 100 g|
|Saturated fat||0 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.4 g|
|Total Fat||0.2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
Because of increasing heat and humidity, there is a high risk of diseases like indigestion and dehydration. In such a situation, we should pay careful attention to our food items so that we can get the power to fight diseases and also drink water to stay hydrated. There is also a need for more. That is why we must consume fruits in our diet. One of these fruits is watermelon, which contains plenty of water and it also provides coolness to our body.
Watermelon juice nutrition
In watermelon, the amount of water contains approx. 90 per cent of all its juice nutrition. Instead of the high content of water, watermelon juice has contained the following:
2. Watermelon juice also has amino acids, antioxidants and Lypocene.
3. It contains a small amount of potassium.
4. Low amount of calories and sodium
Nutrition Values of Watermelon Juice
|Nutrition Value||Per 100 grams|
|Vitamin and Minerals in Watermelon Juice|
Benefits of watermelon
The watermelon is harder from the outside but soft inside, and it is delightful to eat. It is not only a sweet fruit but also has so many qualities for our health. Such as other healthy nutrient fruit like Plum, cantaloupe, papaya. Let us know that eating this sweet watermelon gives us the strength to fight against diseases.
Top benefits of watermelon
1. Eating watermelon calms the outbreak of heat and also manages the restlessness of summer.
2. Watermelon rich in protein, carbohydrates, calcium, and phosphorus helps cure many diseases like heart disease, stones, and cancer.
3. Watermelon is beneficial in skin diseases because the amount of lycopene found in watermelon is very high, which may help in giving a new glow to our skin.
4. Also beneficial in reducing obesity.
5. People who have kidney stones should drink plenty of watermelons.
6. Constipation is also eliminated by regularly consuming watermelon for some time, and our stomach remains cold.
7. Watermelon contains minimal amounts of calories, but eating it makes you feel full for a long time; due to that, it is also effective in reducing weight.
8. After eating food, drinking watermelon juice or eating watermelon starts working for the food digestion soon, and sleep is also good.
9. The drinking of watermelon juice tests is always good and because of consuming it straightly gives us energy immediately.
10. Immunity power is strong and helps in fighting diseases.
11. Consuming a half-glass of watermelon juice provides relief from heat headaches and keeps the brain cool.
12. Due to the abundance of vitamins A, B, C, and iron in watermelon, the blood is purifying easily, and vitamin A is also beneficial for our eyes.
13. You can add black salt to the watermelon when cold bursts occur.
14. Consumption of watermelon is also beneficial for people who have high blood pressure (high BP).
Is watermelon seeds good for hypothyroidism?
Those fruits and nuts that are rich in zink can help a lot in problems like thyroid or hypothyroidism. Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds and Watermelon seeds are also good sources of zinc. It can provide around 26 per cent daily value in 1 ounce, or also 4% DV “4 grams” in one large piece of watermelon. Zinc is a vital nutrient, so it is essential for the immune system.
Negative effects of watermelon
Here are some side effects of watermelon which must be considered before eating it.
1. People who consume too much watermelon may cause kidney and muscle problems.
2. The consumption of it increases the blood sugar level, which causes the risk of diabetes in pregnant women.
3. The consumption of watermelon on an empty stomach in the morning affects our health. Eating watermelon after eating food gives more benefits.
4. The consumption of watermelon at night is not good because it does not digest well at night. It becomes more difficult to digest for whom weight is increasing. And sometimes problems like diarrhoea also arise. This is why you should avoid eating it at night.
5. If someone has asthma, then they must not take watermelon juice.
What is not to eat after eating watermelon
Do not consume these below for two to three hours after eating watermelon.
Water, milk, curd, or any other beverage
Top side effects of watermelon
Even though being a low-calorie food, Watermelon is recommended for weight loss. However, it contains a very high amount of natural sugar. Therefore, the consumption of watermelon in diabetes should be reduced.
Asthma patients should avoid eating watermelon because the asthma patient eats watermelon. So he can also have a heart attack. In fact, it contains amino acids, which are harmful to people living with asthma.
Everyone has disadvantages and the benefits of everything, so eating in much quantity watermelon can lead to stomach problems.
People who have kidney problems should not consume watermelon because it contains a high amount of minerals, due to which this problem can increase.
Watermelon in the Heart Problem
Potassium is plentiful in watermelon, but heart patients should not take potassium in enough quantity.
Impotence and Dreaming
Consuming watermelon in large quantities can cause side effects like impotence and premature ejaculation in men.
Watermelon during pregnancy
Should not consume too much watermelon During pregnancy, because due to being sweeter increases sugar levels in the blood. Which can increases the chances of diabetes.