Looking at the benefits of yoga, it is advised to include it in everyone’s daily routine. Yoga is not only beneficial for physical health, but it is also considered beneficial for mental health. Various yogasanas are used to protect the body from all the problems, one of which is Virabhadrasana. In this article of herbsscience, we will tell you how to do Virabhadrasana. Along with this, here you will also know the benefits of doing Virabhadrasana.
What is Virabhadrasana?
Virabhadrasana is also known as Warrior Pose. This mudra is named after a warrior named Virabhadra, who is an incarnation of Lord Shiva. Virabhadrasana is made up of three words, ‘Veer’ meaning warrior, while the other words ‘Bhadra’ meaning friend and posture. This pose provides strength by creating tension in the muscles of the arms, shoulders, thighs and back. (read also: Yoga for acidity and gas)
There can be many health benefits by doing Virabhadrasana, about which information is given below in the article. So let’s know what are the benefits of doing Virabhadrasana.
- This asana can stretch the shoulders, arms, legs and lower back and strengthen them. Its practice can be beneficial for those who do desk jobs for a long time.
- It stretches the chest, lungs, shoulders, neck, abdomen and groin areas.
- Its regular practice can improve the balance of the body.
- Apart from this, it can be helpful in increasing stamina.
- It can benefit in frozen shoulder .
- It can relieve the tension in the shoulders very effectively in a short time.
- the helpful in strengthening the thighs, calves and ankles.
Do this asana before doing Virabhadrasana
According to the study, the following asanas should be done before doing Virabhadrasana. Due to this, parts of the body such as the hips, thighs and shoulders are open. (read also: Whether to exercise during periods or not)
- Downward Schwanasana
- Peripheral lateral conjunctiva
- Parivritta Trikonasana
- Prasar Padottanasana
- dormant conditioned posture
- dormant padangusthasana
- Upavistha Konasana
- Elevation lateral conjunctiva
How to do Virabhadrasana Asana
To get the benefits of doing Virabhadrasana, one should know the right way to do Virabhadrasana. Below we are going to tell the correct way to do Virabhadrasana.
Step 1: First of all , stand in Tadasana posture. Breathe in and make a gap of 3 to 4 feet between the feet.
Step 2: Turn your left foot inwards 45 to 60 degrees, and turn your right foot out 90 degrees. Align right heel with left heel. After this, while exhaling, try to rotate the upper part of your body 90 degrees to the right. During this, note that rotate the body as much as you can, do not force it.
Step 3: After this, raise your hands and bring them straight in the line of the torso, after that point the fingers towards the ceiling by placing the palms together.
Step 4: Keep the left heel firmly on the ground, and bend the right knee until the knee is directly above the ankle. If the body is flexible, then make the thigh parallel to the ground. Raise your head and keep your eyes on your fingers. In this position, breathe in and out for about 5 times so that you can stay in the posture for 30 to 60 seconds.
Step 5: This asana can be finished after breathing in and out for 5 times, to get out of the posture, lower the head, then lift the right thigh, lower the arms, straighten the torso back. And take the feet back in and finish this posture in Tadasana posture.
Precautions while doing Virabhadrasana
We have already told above how to do Virabhadrasana, but while doing Virabhadrasana, some things must be kept in mind, about which we are going to tell in detail below.
- People who have high blood pressure problem should avoid doing this asana.
- At the same time, those who have any problem related to the shoulder , they should keep the hands parallel while doing Virabhadrasana.
- If there is a problem related to the neck , then while doing this asana, keep the head straight, and do not lift it up.
- Practice Virabhadrasana standing near a wall so that you can support yourself when needed. However, before that do consult your doctor.
- Patients related to heart disease should avoid doing this asana.
- Apart from this, if there is a problem of knee pain or arthritis, then use any support on the knee to hold this yoga posture.
- Do not force more than your physical capacity while doing any asana.
Yoga is a great way to stay healthy. Doing this not only calms the mind, but can also get rid of all the problems. In such a situation, take the benefits of doing Virabhadrasana by adopting the method mentioned in the article. Along with calming the mind, it can also benefit the respiratory system. Just keep taking the help of various yogasanas to stay healthy. If you want to do Virabhadrasana, then do this yoga only after reading the steps and precautions to do Virabhadrasana in the article.