Wheatgrass Juice Benefits
Wheatgrass juice i.e. juice made from wheatgrass is also called Sanjeevani by some people. To know what its benefits and properties are, due to which it is called Sanjeevani, proceed in the article. Just note that this should not be taken as a cure for any serious illness.
Wheatgrass juice can prove beneficial in preventing anemia. Research related to this mentions that anemia is caused by not consuming a nutritious diet. In such a situation, many enzymes including minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and amino acids present in wheatgrass can prove beneficial.
It also contains chlorophyll, which is similar to hemoglobin, as both are chromoproteins. For this reason, wheatgrass is also called green blood. The research found that drinking fresh wheatgrass juice for days can increase the amount of hemoglobin. In such a situation, people suffering from the problem of anemia can consume wheatgrass.
Wheatgrass juice can also be used to lose weight. In small-scale clinical trials, it has been found beneficial in reducing obesity. Another research states that young wheatgrass and other chlorophyll plants are effective and safe in reducing weight. In such a situation, wheatgrass juice can prove beneficial in controlling weight.
According to a research paper, wheatgrass has a hypolipidemic effect, which can lower cholesterol. It has been reported in research that after giving wheatgrass juice to rats suffering from high cholesterol level problem i.e. hypercholesterolemia, it helped to excrete excess cholesterol through stool. According to another study, the choline compound present in it can reduce cholesterol levels.
Wheatgrass juice is also one of the ways to reduce inflammation . Wheatgrass is said to have an anti-inflammatory effect, which can reduce inflammation. Due to this effect, both swelling and pain related to joints can be reduced. Not only this, wheatgrass juice is also known to reduce inflammation caused by increasing uric acid levels.
Wheatgrass juice is also considered beneficial for reducing allergies. A research paper has written that wheatgrass juice can reduce the effect of allergic rhinitis allergy in the nose. In this, the chlorophyll present in wheatgrass is considered beneficial. Additionally, wheatgrass juice MSM can relieve sulfur allergies.
Wheatgrass also controls blood pressure. The chlorophyll present in it is said to reduce high blood pressure. It has been described as a safe and effective way to regulate blood pressure. Not only high blood pressure, wheatgrass juice can also be drunk by people with normal blood pressure. In fact, it is known to reduce high levels as well as maintain normal blood pressure.
The use of wheatgrass can also prove beneficial for the hair. The protein present in it is broken down in the body in the form of amino acids. These amino acids may help keep hair healthy. It also contains zinc, which nourishes the hair. Not only this, wheatgrass juice can also protect hair from graying.
How to Use Wheatgrass Juice
Wheatgrass juice can be used in many ways. Some of them are as follows.
- You can drink wheatgrass juice in a similar way.
- Some people do not like the taste of wheatgrass juice, so you can drink it by adding honey.
- Wheatgrass juice can also be consumed by adding lemon and some chaat masala.
- Mixing wheatgrass juice with fruit juice can make a mix juice.
- Mix it in a face pack and apply it on the skin.
- It is considered good to drink wheatgrass juice on an empty stomach in the morning.
Safe amount: It is recommended to drink to ml of wheatgrass juice twice a day. This quantity can vary according to the physical condition and age of the person. In such a situation, once in a while contact the dietician in this regard.
How to make Wheatgrass Juice
- A glass of water
- Two teaspoon wheatgrass powder
- One teaspoon lemon juice
Method of making juice:
- First of all, put all the three ingredients in a mixer.
- Now blend it well for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After this add little more water and mix for a while.
- Then take it out in a glass and filter it.
- Wheatgrass juice is ready
Tips to Consume Wheatgrass Juice
Before drinking wheatgrass juice, it is important to keep some important things in mind. We are telling about these important things with the help of some points below:
- The juice of wheatgrass should always be consumed fresh.
- In the beginning, take wheatgrass juice in small quantities. Its quantity can be increased gradually.
- If someone is allergic to its consumption, then stop consuming it.
- Avoid drinking it in large quantities in one go. It is always beneficial to consume only a limited amount of it.
- Continuity is essential in everything. The same is true with wheatgrass juice, so consume it daily for a specified time to get the benefits. By drinking wheatgrass juice on one day and not drinking it on the second day, its benefits will not be received properly.
Side Effects of Wheatgrass Juice
- Consumption of wheatgrass juice in limited quantity can cause any kind of
- Some sensitive people may be allergic to wheatgrass juice.
- Consuming it in large quantities can cause nausea.
- Excess of wheatgrass juice can cause vomiting.
- Pregnant women should consume it only on the advice of the doctor.
- Wheatgrass juice may cause swollen tongue in more sensitive people.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What will happen if you drink wheatgrass juice daily?
Drinking wheatgrass daily will keep the skin glowing. Not only this, the benefits of wheatgrass juice also include reducing obesity and cholesterol and increasing blood.
Can we drink it at night to get the benefits of wheatgrass juice?
Yes, it can be consumed at night also. It can improve sleep.
Who should not drink wheatgrass juice?
Sensitive people should not drink wheatgrass juice. Apart from this, those who have low blood sugar should also avoid drinking it. Indeed, wheatgrass juice is known to lower blood sugar.
For how long is wheatgrass juice safe?
Wheatgrass juice can be stored in the refrigerator for up to seven days, but it is recommended to drink this juice fresh.
How to drink it to get the benefits of wheatgrass juice?
To get the benefits of wheatgrass juice, it should be consumed fresh and plain.
- Vitamins in the Food
- Vitamin B3: Niacin is also important for the body, know its role, benefits and sources
- Vitamin K Benefits